WTC Executive Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all activities of the Whitby Tennis Club (WTC).
- Review and sanction the decisions made by all persons associated with the club.
- Participate in club activities
- Act in the best interest of the WTC and its members
- Attend Executive meetings on a regular basis (at least 3 meetings per year)
- Contribute to the annual report for the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Oversee running of the Whitby Tennis Club including the responsibilities of the club pro
- Be involved with all policy and major business decisions of the club and work with the Treasurer in the overall financial management
- Chair the Executive Team meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Work with the Town of Whitby in matters that affect both parties.
- Encourage and ensure that the Executive Team perform their respective duties.
- Addresses member complaints
- Assume duties of the President in his/her absence
- Oversee the adult house leagues, interclub teams and tournaments
- Organize putting up and taking down of the windscreens.
- Ensure proper accounting and control procedures are in place so that the Club’s funds are properly accounted
- Oversee all financial aspects of the club (deposits, cheque issuance, bank/investment accounts)
- Cross-reference all funds received with the Membership Director.
- Provide the Executive Team with annual operating and capital budget at the start of the season and financial updates at regular intervals.
- Provide a complete Financial Statement to the membership at AGM.
- Take minutes at all Executive and general meetings of the Club and provide a written account for the Executives.
- Prepare club AGM report and calendar of events
- Communicate club information and upcoming events to club members in a timely manner
- Works with the host provider to maintain website integrity and programming changes as required for the club requirements
- Maintain website content
- Keep WTC interests and events active on the Social network like Facebook and Twitter
- Answer or redirect the inquiries via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work with host provider to maintain, and as necessary, upgrade the online registration system
- Compile registration information and distribute to Executive’s/Club Pro/Adult League Convenors/DRCTL Captains
- Process refunds for online payments as required
- Reconcile the registration money received with the Treasurer
- Provide an adult membership count to the Treasurer as of July 31 for payment to the OTA
- Create a welcoming atmosphere that encourages members to participate in club activities
- Form committee at the beginning of the season in order to best deliver the number of events planned throughout the year
- Oversee all social club events (food for the adult tournaments/championships, BBQ, AGM, Year-end Adult Party)
JUNIOR PROGRAM DIRECTOR
- Develop, implement and execute innovative tennis programming/activities for our juniors
- Oversee the organization of all junior programs (group lessons, house leagues, intercounty teams, OTA tournaments)
- Organize the junior banquet and food for the junior tournaments
- Be a resource person to parents of junior members